While perusing YouTube for natural hair care videos several years back, I stumbled upon a lovely gal, best known by her web-handle, SunKissAlba. Her tips were solid, her skin glowing, and her personality nothing short of lovable, earning her a place at the top of my list of favorite YouTubers to virtually spend time with. Accordingly, when I learned that she was partnering with Derma E to create a multi-use oil, I was eager to see what special touches she would add, and delighted to be able to show her some support in a more tangible way.
Here is what Derma E’s site says about the Radiant Glow Face Oil by SunKissAlba:
“Shake well. For a radiant glow, massage 2-3 drops onto clean skin. Apply day and night or as desired.
Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Organic Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil *, Organic Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Fruit Oil*, Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Natural Fragrance Oils.”
Right away, the ingredient lineup excited me; the blend of oils was exquisite, totally right for my skin, and the addition of a little shimmer (provided by the mica) had my heart fluttering. There is little that tickles my fancy more (in the cosmetic realm) than well-done shimmer. To look as though I have just emerged from a comfortable slumber, glimmering from crown to slipper like Titania, Queen of the fairies, is what I try to emulate daily, so naturally, products that shimmer appeal to me on a cellular level. And when a product that gleams can be applied to the face, body, and hair alike, all the while remaining natural in composition, it becomes simply indispensable to me.
Apart from the aforementioned shimmer, some shining stars in this formula are the pumpkin seed and sea buckthorn oils, both of which I love to use in their pure forms, for a number of reasons, as detailed below.
Pumpkin seed oil:
- High in linoleic acid, which is an omega-6 essential fatty acid that helps dissolve congestion in the pores, making it an excellent choice for those with acneic or blemished skin
- Contains vitamins A & C, both of which aid in the decongestion and brightening of the skin
- Rich in vitamin E and zinc, which benefit the appearance of skin tone, and work to moisturize the scalp and keep it flake-free
Sea Buckthorn oil:
- Rife with beta-carotene, which when applied topically, is able to convert to an active form vitamin A (retinol), which is an excellent anti-ager, and may help fade dark spots and melasma (perfect for helping to fade the remnants of blemishes!)
- Assists in wound/burn healing
- Contains vitamins C, which acts as an antioxidant and can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and unevenness in the skin tone
Over the last few weeks, I have used this oil primarily on my face, where it imparts subtle, but certainly detectable luminosity, as well as on my legs, to add an enviable luster. It sinks in beautifully without leaving behind any stain-inducing residue, and has a lovely, very faint scent. Moreover, it acts as a perfect primer for makeup, allowing foundation/concealer to glide over top, leaving you with a dewy, but not at all greasy, canvas on which to build a complete look. It also possesses the ability to elevate no-makeup days, where you do not want to add any cosmetics to your face, but nevertheless seek to look radiant.
In sum: the light, and subtly shimmery SunKissAlba Radiant Glow Oil by Derma E is a must-have multitasker. Whether you’re after the aforementioned benefits its ingredients offer, or you just want to add a bit of subtle luminosity to your look, it is a noteworthy product deserving of a place in your beauty routine.